October 17, 2016
On today's 'Global Exchange' Podcast, we have two foreign policy experts in conversation with Colin Robertson to discuss their contribution to our new 'Foreign Policy Review' series. On the Podcast, Colin speaks to Kevin D. O’Shea and Ian Brodie about revitalizing Canadian diplomacy, and the role of press freedom in international affairs.
Both papers mentioned in the Podcast are available at cgai.ca:
- "Revitalizing Canadian Public Diplomacy" by Kevin D. O’Shea
- "Freedom of the Press: A Soft Power Focus for Canada" by Ian Brodie
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat, Colin Robertson is Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute and a Senior Advisor to Dentons LLP.
- Kevin D. O’Shea: retired from the Canadian public service September 2015 after nearly thirty-five years at the then Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade, and at the Privy Council Office.
- Ian Brodie: Former Chief of Staff to Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper, Ian Brodie is now Research Director at the School of Public Policy.