November 6, 2017
On today's "Global Exchange" Podcast, we look ahead to Justin Trudeau's upcoming trip to Asia for the APEC and ASEAN Summits, as well as for officical state visits in Vietnam and the Philippines. Join Colin in conversation with Eric Miller & Randolph Mank for a discussion on Canada's agenda in Asia, the possibility of renewing TPP-11, as well as the Trump and Xi factors at the upcoming APEC Summit.
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat, Colin Robertson is Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute and a Senior Advisor to Dentons LLP.
- Randolph Mank: a three-time former Canadian ambassador and businessman, with over thirty years of experience in Asia and around the world. His foreign service career included assignments in Tokyo, Stockholm and Jakarta, followed by Ambassadorial appointments in Indonesia (2003-06), Pakistan (2008-10) and Malaysia (2010-12). He is a Fellow at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Eric Miller: a Fellow at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute and the President of Rideau Potomac Strategy Group, a cross-border consultancy that advises clients on government affairs, economics, cybersecurity and geopolitical developments.
- "After the TPP: What’s Next for Canada in Asia?" - by Hugh Stephens (CGAI Policy Paper)
- "The Neglected Crisis: Myanmar’s Rohingya" - by Sarah Goldfeder (CGAI Policy Update)
- Eric Miller: “The Retreat of Western Liberalism” by Edward Luce
- Randolph Mank: “Blockchain Revolution: How the Technology Behind Bitcoin Is Changing Money, Business, and the World” by Don Tapscott & Alex Tapscott | “Stranger Than We Can Imagine: An Alternative History of the 20th Century” by John Higgs