November 27, 2017
On today's Global Exchange Podcast, we take an in-depth look at Canada's immigration system. Join Colin in conversation with Andrew Griffith, a former Director General, Citizenship and Multiculturalism Branch at Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, for a discussion around how Canada's immigration system works, how we manage new immigrants and refugees, and the improvements that still need to be made throughout the system.
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat, Colin Robertson is Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute and a Senior Advisor to Dentons LLP.
- Andrew Griffith: an author, commentator and blogger. He has worked for various government departments in Canada and abroad. Most notably, Andrew was formerly Director General, Citizenship and Multiculturalism Branch, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. He is now a fellow of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- "Government missed the most important reform in amending citizenship legislation" - by Andrew Griffith & Robert Vineberg (The Hill Times)
- "Is Canada’s population too small?" - by Andrew Griffith (Policy Options)
- "How to debate immigration issues in Canada" - by Andrew Griffith (Policy Options)
- Andrew Griffith: “Madame Bovary” by Gustave Flaubert