May 4, 2014
On today's "Global Exchange" Podcast, we continue our conversation surrounding our 2017 Energy papers. On this episode, Colin speaks with Petra Dolata and Dennis McConaghy about the shifting tides throughout Canada's energy industry. Join Colin and our two guests for a discussion on carbon taxes, energy-related infrastructure development, and the larger transitions taking place throughout the global energy marketplace.
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat and Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute and a Senior Advisor to Dentons LLP.
- Petra Dolata: Associate Professor and Canada Research Chair (Tier II) in the History of Energy at the University of Calgary. She is a Senior Research Fellow at the Centre for Military, Security & Strategic Studies and co-convenor of Energy In Society, a working group at the Calgary Institute for the Humanities.
- Dennis McConaghy: the former Executive Vice-President of Corporate Development at TransCanada Corporation. Previously, he was Executive Vice-President, Pipeline Strategy and Development.
- Dennis McConaghy - "The Inescapability of Carbon Taxes for Canada"
- Dennis McConaghy - "Can Canada Restore a Functional Regulatory Process for Major Infrastructure Projects?"
- Perta Dolata - “Understanding the Shift in Energy Security"
- Dennis McConaghy - “The Gathering Storm” - by Winston Churchill
- Perta Dolata - “The Right to Be Cold: One Woman's Story of Protecting Her Culture, the Arctic and the Whole Planet” - by Sheila Watt-Cloutier