May 25, 2017
On today's "Global Exchange" Podcast, we speak with the outgoing French Ambassador to Canada, Nicolas Chapuis. Join Colin and Ambassador Chapuis for a discussion on cultural diplomacy, international efforts to curb climate change, the importance of Canada-France relations, and the Ambassador’s impressions of Canada throughout his time in Ottawa.
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat and Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute and a Senior Advisor to Dentons LLP.
- Nicolas Chapuis: French Ambassador to Canada.
- Nicolas Chapuis - “L'histoire du monde se fait en Asie” - Pierre Grosser
- “Canada-France Relations” – Government of Canada
- “Climate News” – French Diplomacy/Foreign Policy
- “Cultural Diplomacy News” – French Diplomacy/Foreign Policy
- “Canadian ambassador to France says Macron's election great news for Canada” – The Canadian Press
- “'The French Trudeau': Social media goes mad for Macron” – Helena Horton (The Telegraph)
- “Macron wins – and Trudeau is a winner and a loser as a result” – Andrew Cohen (Ottawa Citizen)
- “France's new president will face formidable challenges: top among them is Marine Le Pen” – Nahlah Ayed (CBC News)