Canada's State of Trade: Countering Protectionist Forces At Home & Abroad
March 26, 2018
On today's Global Exchange Podcast, we begin a new series on the state of Canadian trade in a world of growing populism and protectionism. Today's episode, recorded during our February 13th State of Trade conference in Ottawa, features a panel of trade experts -- The Hon. John Manley, The Hon. Bob Rae, The Hon. Ed Fast, and the Peterson Institute's Jeff Schott -- on how Canada can navigate the rough seas ahead on international trade.
- Colin Robertson (moderator & host): A former Canadian diplomat, Colin Robertson is Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- The Hon. Ed Fast: former Minister of International Trade. Shadow Minister for Environment and Climate Change.
- The Hon. John Manley: John Manley is president and CEO of the Business Council of Canada. He is a former federal cabinet minister who held the portfolios of Foreign Affairs, Industry and Finance.
- The Hon. Bob Rae: former Premier of Ontario, and former interim Leader of the Liberal Party of Canada.
- Jeff Schott: Senior Fellow at the Peterson Institute for International Economics, working on international trade policy and economic sanctions.
- "Canada's State of Trade: At Home and Beyond" (CGAI Event Information)
- "CGAI Panel – Positioning Canada Against Protectionist Forces at Home and Abroad" (CPAC)
- "International Trade Series" (CGAI Paper Series)
- "Managing Trump: The Canadian Response" - by Colin Robertson (CGAI Policy Update)
Be the first to comment
Sign in with