Canadian Trade: Discussing Tariffs, NAFTA, CPTPP, and Mercosur
March 12, 2018
On today's Global Exchange Podcast, we continue our discussion on the Canadian trade file after a week of big news on several fronts. Join Colin in conversation with CGAI Fellows Sarah Goldfeder and John Weekes, as they discuss the conclusion of round 7 of NAFTA talks in Mexico City, Donald Trump's recent steel & aluminum tariff threat, the signing of the CPTPP in Chile, as well as Canada's recently-announced initiation of free trade talks with Mercosur.
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat, Colin Robertson is Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Sarah Goldfeder: a Principal at the Earnscliffe Strategy Group and a Fellow at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- John Weekes: Canada’s ambassador to the WTO from 1995 to 1999 and the chief negotiator for Canada during the original NAFTA negotiation. John is also a CGAI Fellow.
- "Managing Trump: The Canadian Response" - by Colin Robertson (CGAI Policy Update)
- "NAFTA: A Primer for the Montreal Round" - by Colin Robertson (CGAI Policy Update)
- "What Should Canada’s Aims be in Any Renegotiation of NAFTA? (Win)" - by Sarah Goldfeder (CGAI Policy Paper)
- Colin Robertson: “Failure to Adjust: How Americans Got Left Behind in the Global Economy” by Edward Alden
- Sarah Goldfeder: “Freedom's Forge: How American Business Produced Victory in World War II” by Arthur Herman
- John Weekes: “The Invention of Nature: Alexander von Humboldt's New World” by Andrea Wulf
Be the first to comment
Sign in with