June 5, 2017
On today's "Global Exchange" Podcast, we look at the state of Canada-Chile relations with CGAI Fellow Paul Durand and the Chilean Ambassador to Canada, Alejandro Marisio.
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat and Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute and a Senior Advisor to Dentons LLP.
- Alejandro Marisio: Chilean Ambassador to Canada..
- Paul Durand: In the foreign service, Mr. Durand served as ambassador to Costa Rica, with concurrent accreditation to Honduras, Nicaragua and Panama, and subsequently as ambassador to Chile, then to the Organization of America States (OAS) in Washington. From 2007 until 2009 he was the resident representative of the OAS in the Dominican Republic.
- Paul Durand - "Backward Glances: People and Events from Inside and Out" - by Conrad Black
- Alejandro Marisio - "Democracy: Stories from the Long Road to Freedom" - by Condoleezza Rice
- Colin Robertson - "Easternization: Asia's Rise and America's Decline From Obama to Trump and Beyond" - by Gideon Rachman
- “Who Lost the Caribbean?” – Paul Durand (CGAI Policy Paper)
- “Governor General of Canada to Welcome Her Excellency Michelle Bachelet, President of the Republic of Chile” – Canada NewsWire