June 24, 2016
"On today's inaugural 'Global Exchange' Podcast, host Colin Robertson looks at the results of June 23rd's #Brexit referendum throughout the United Kingdom. Join Colin for a discussion with three European experts - Anthony Cary, Gary Soroka, and Julian Lindley-French - as they look to identify the significance and impact of #Brexit for Canada, Britain, and the world.
What does #Brexit mean for the EU? What does it mean for global governance? Are there implications for Canada, and the world? All this and more are discussed on this weeks episode of 'The Global Exchange'.
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat, Colin Robertson is Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute and a Senior Advisor to Dentons LLP.
- Anthony Cary: Fellow at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute. Served as British Ambassador to Sweden (2003-6) and High Commissioner to Canada (2007-10).
- Julian Lindley-French: NATO expert, Fellow at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute, and Vice-President of the Atlantic Treaty Association.
- Gary Soroka: Former diplomat who has served abroad in Canadian Embassies and Consulates in Washington, New Delhi, London, San José Costa Rica and Berlin. Also a Fellow at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Anthony Cary: If common sense wins, can the Brits hope for a better relationship with the EU?
- Julian Lindley-French: Brexit: For Better or Worse, For Good and Ill