On today's episode of The Global Exchange Podcast, we speak with outgoing Korean Ambassador to Canada, Daeshik Jo, on the state of bilateral relations between Canada and Korea. Join Colin and Ambassador Jo for a discussion on Canada-Korea relations, the future of the Korean Peninsula, as well as the recent developments north of the 38th parallel.
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat and Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute and a Senior Advisor to Dentons LLP.
- Daeshik Jo: Appointed Ambassador of the Republic of Korea to Canada in March 2015. Ambassador Jo comes to Canada with over 30 years of experience in the Foreign Service. His career has focused primarily on political and multilateral issues, as well as inter-Korean affairs.
- Marius Grinius - "Canada's Security Role in Asia-Pacific"
- Hugh Segal and Tina J. Park - "Untangling the Spirit of Han on the Korean Peninsula & the Future of Trustpolitik"
- Marius Grinius - "China and North Korea: 'Lips to Teeth'"