July 31, 2017
On today's "Global Exchange" Podcast, we continue our discussion on the future of the North American Free Trade Agreement. Join Colin in conversation with two experts on Canadian trade -- Rob Wright & John Weekes -- as they discuss Canada's goals for negotiations, and the process for getting a multilateral agreement such as NAFTA done in a timely manner.
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat, Colin Robertson is Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute and a Senior Advisor to Dentons LLP.
- Rob Wright: served as Canadian Ambassador to China from 2005-2009. He served as Ambassador to Japan from 2001-2005. From 1995-2001 he was Canadian Deputy Minister for International Trade.
- John Weekes: Canada’s ambassador to the WTO from 1995 to 1999 and the chief negotiator for Canada during the original NAFTA negotiation.
- "America First: The Global Trump at Six Months" - Colin Robertson (CGAI Policy Update)
- "Managing Trump: The Canadian Response" - Colin Robertson (CGAI Policy Update)
- "Trump administration reveals goals ahead of NAFTA talks with Canada, Mexico" - Janyce McGregor (CBC News)
- "NAFTA talks begin on a less Trump-y note. They might end that way" - Barry Campbell (Financial Post)