July 30, 2018
On today's Global Exchange Podcast, we look back on Donald Trump's recent tour of Europe. Join host Colin Robertson in conversation with two CGAI Fellows -- Anthony Cary & Benjamin Hautecouverture -- as they discuss the President's conduct at this year's NATO Summit, his reception and impact upon arriving in a politically paralyzed London, and his performance at the much-touted Helsinki Summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin.
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat, Colin Robertson is Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Anthony Cary: British Ambassador to Sweden (2003-6) and High Commissioner to Canada (2007-10). A Fellow with the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Benjamin Hautecouverture: a senior research fellow for nonproliferation and disarmament issues at the Fondation pour la recherche stratégique (FRS) in Paris, France & a Fellow at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- "Why Canada should invest more – and now – in our own security" by Colin Robertson [The Globe and Mail]
- "What To Expect From This Week's NATO Summit: A Discussion with Elinor Sloan" [CGAI Podcast]
- "Reinforcing Transatlantic Bridges in Warsaw: The NATO Parliamentary Assembly’s Spring Session" by Roger Hilton [CGAI Policy Update]
- Anthony Cary: “Effie Briest” by Theodor Fontane | “East West Street: On the Origins of 'Genocide' and 'Crimes Against Humanity'” by Philippe Sands
- Benjamin Hautecouverture: “Enforcing the laws of anarchical society: the case of Iran in the United Nations Security Council” by Tytti Erästö