July 17, 2017
On today's "Global Exchange" Podcast, we examine the North American softwood lumber industry, and the current bilateral trade dispute ongoing between Canada and the U.S. in the shadow of a NAFTA renegotiation. Join our host Colin Robertson in conversation with a softwood lumber expert, Rick Doman, for an in-depth conversation on the current continental softwood landscape, as well as recommendations for the future of the industry.
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat, Colin Robertson is Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute and a Senior Advisor to Dentons LLP.
- Rick Doman: Chief Executive Officer of Eacom Timber Corporation and Chief Executive Officer of Western Forest Products.
- Rick Doman - "To Pixar and Beyond: My Unlikely Journey with Steve Jobs to Make Entertainment History" - by Lawrence Levy
- "Managing Trump: The Canadian Response" - by Colin Robertson (CGAI Policy Update)
- "Canada-U.S. softwood deal possible by next month: forestry analyst" - by Ross Marowitz (The Globe and Mail)
- "2nd wave of softwood lumber duties sets up 'dangerous' talks for Canada" - by Janyce McGregor (CBC News)