January 19, 2017
On today's 'Global Exchange' Podcast, we talk trade with four Washington insiders on the eve of President-Elect Donald Trump's inauguration. Join Colin in a discussion with Eric Miller, Rob Wright, Sarah Goldfeder and John M. Weekes on the future of Canada-US trade, specifically in terms of NAFTA and the broader TPP.
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat and Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute and a Senior Advisor to Dentons LLP.
- Eric Miller: A Fellow with the Canadian Global Affairs Institute and President of Rideau Potomac Strategy Group.
- Rob Wright: An Advisory Council Member of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute, former DM for International trade and former Ambassador.
- Sarah Goldfeder: A Fellow with the Canadian Global Affairs Institute and a Principal with the Earnscliffe Strategy Group.
- John M. Weekes: A Fellow with the Canadian Global Affairs Institute and a Senior Business Advisor at Bennett Jones Ottawa.
- Colin Robertson: "Canada and Mexico must stand together amid trade threats"
- Eric Miller: "Canada’s Trudeau Signals Readiness to Talk Trade With Donald Trump"
- Sarah Goldfeder: "The Trump era starts now"
- John M. Weekes: "The Cost Of Trump's Transactional Approach To Trade"
- Eric Miller: "What Is Populism?" by Jan-Werner Müller
- Rob Wright: "A World in Disarray: American Foreign Policy and the Crisis of the Old Order" by Richard Haass
- Sarah Goldfeder: "Thank You for Being Late: An Optimist's Guide to Thriving in the Age of Accelerations" by Thomas L. Friedman
- John M. Weekes: "The Pigeon Tunnel: Stories from My Life" by John le Carré