April 5, 2017
After a brief hiatus, The Global Exchange podcast is back! On today's episode, we speak with two CGAI Fellows about the 2017 Federal Budget, and what it means for Canadian defence and development. Join Colin for a discussion with Darren Schemmer on the future of Canadian development spending, and with David Perry on the lack of funding allocated for defence procurement in Budget 2017.
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat and Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute and a Senior Advisor to Dentons LLP.
- Darren Schemmer: a Fellow with the Candian Global Affairs Institute and Former Canadian High Commissioner to Ghana and Ambassador to Togo.
- David Perry: Senior Analyst and a Fellow with the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Government of Canada - "Budget 2017"
- David Perry - "Bad News for Defence: Budget 2017"
- David Perry - "2017 Defence Budget Primer"
- Darren Schemmer - "While democracy is tested in the U.S., it flourishes in several African states"
- Aniket Bhushan - "Budget 2017: How to decipher Canada’s commitments