February 6, 2023
On this episode of the Global Exchange, Colin Robertson is joined by Jeremy Kinsman, Ralph Lysyshyn, and John Sloan for a discussion on the unfolding consequences of the Russian invasion of Ukraine nearly a year on.
- Jeremy Kinsman is distinguished Fellow of the Canadian International Council, and former ambassador to Russia and Italy, former High Commissioner in London, and former Ambassador to the EU.
- Ralph Lysyshyn served as Canadian Ambassador to Russia (with accreditation to Armenia and Uzbekistan) from 2006 to 2010.
- John Sloan served as Canada’s ambassador to the Russian Federation, Armenia and Uzbekistan from August 2010 to September 2013.
- Colin Robertson is a Senior Adviser and a Fellow at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- "Black Wind, White Snow: The Rise of Russia's New Nationalism" by Charles Clover
- "The City of Falling Angels" by John Berendt
- "Putin" by Philip Short
- "Anything" by Sally Rooney (to help you understand the young'uns)
- "The Man Who Understood Democracy: The Life of Alexis de Tocqueville" by Oliver Zunz