April 27, 2020
On today's Global Exchange Podcast, we are joined by Al Mussell, Ted Bilyea, and Douglas Hedley to discuss their recent report for Agri-Food Economic Systems, "The New Trade Economy of Food Security: Repositioning Canada."
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat, Colin Robertson is Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Ted Bilyea: After retiring as Executive Vice-President, Maple Leaf Foods Inc., Ted has served on a number of corporate and industry boards and provided keynote addresses for the Canadian Agri-Food Policy Institute.
- Al Mussell: Past president of the Canadian Agricultural Economics Society.
- Douglas Hedley: Served as assistant deputy minister at Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada.
- "The New Trade Economy of Food Security: Repositioning Canada" (Agri-Food Economic Systems report) by Al Mussell, Ted Bilyea, and Douglas Hedley
- "Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed" by Jared Diamond
- "Political Order and Political Decay: From the Industrial Revolution to the Globalization of Democracy" by Francis Fukuyama
- "The Levelling: What's Next After Globalization" by Michael O'Sullivan
- "The Effects of Untying International Food Assistance: The Case of Canada." by Ryan Cardwell and Pascal L. Ghazalian
- "Taking Stock and Looking Forward on Domestic Support in Agriculture" (upcoming paper for the International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium) by Lars Brink and David Orden