February 28, 2020
On today's Defence Deconstructed Podcast, we are rebroadcasting a recording of the “Modernizing Continental Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance” panel with moderator Mike Day and featuring Charity Weeden, BGen Colin Keiver, Patrick Thauberger, and Lt-Cmdre Michael Bielby from our 29 Jan. 2019 Modernizing North American Defence conference.
Defence Deconstructed is part of the CGAI Podcast Network and today’s episode is brought to you by the Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries (CADSI). This conference was made possible by the MINDS program from the Department of National Defence.
- Dave Perry (host): Senior Analyst and Vice President with the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- LGen (ret’d) D. Michael Day: CGAI fellow, former Operator within Canada’s Counter Terrorist and Special Forces community commanding both Joint Task Force Two (JTF 2), Canada’s Special Operations Forces Command as well as a variety of other command assignments.
- Charity Weeden: President and co-founder of Lquinox Consulting LLC and a Fellow with the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- BGen Colin Keiver: Director, Air Force Development for the Royal Canadian Air Force.
- Patrick Thauberger: Business Development (Airborne Systems) for General Dynamics Mission Systems.
- LCdr Michael Bielby: Continental Control & Surveillance for Canadian Joint Operation Command.
- “Modernizing North American Defence” (Conference Program)
- “Aging Norad warning system can’t detect Russian bombers in time, Canadian officer warns” (Canadian Press article)
- “Discussing Canada's New Space Policy with Charity Weeden” (CGAI Podcast)