On this episode of Defence Deconstructed, two segments:
- First, David Perry speaks to Alexander Salt, Triple Helix's Post-Doctoral Fellow, about military innovation and what it means for the integration of advanced capabilities.
- Then, you'll hear a panel conversation between Microsoft's Derek Dobson, RAdm Lou Carosielli, MGen Peter Dawe, and Christopher Zimmer about the defence procurement nexus with C4ISR.
This conversation is part of our 2023 Procurement Conference, which took place on November 29, 2023 in Ottawa. This conference was made possible thanks to the support of our strategic sponsors Lockheed Martin Canada, General Dynamics, Irving Shipbuilding, and Hanwha Defence; conference silver sponsors L3Harris, CAE, and Seaspan; as well as bronze sponsors Thales and Microsoft.
- Alexander Salt is Triple Helix's Post-Doctoral Fellow.
- RAdm Lou Carosielli is Chief of Staff for Assistant Deputy Minister (Information Management).
- MGen Peter Dawe is the Canadian Armed Forces’ Chief of Combat Systems Integration.
- MGen Christopher Zimmer is Chief of Staff of the Department of National Defence's Digital Transformation Office.
- Dr. David Perry is the President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Derek Dobson is the leader of Microsoft Canada's Defence, Intelligence, Public Safety & Justice businesses.
What Alexander Salt is reading:
- "Command: The Twenty First Century General" by Anthony King