August 13, 2021
In this new episode of Defence Deconstructed, we are sharing a presentation from Lord Grimstone of Boscobel Kt, UK's Minister of Investment, delivered on May 5, 2021. This address to industry was part of the Canadian Defence Exchange, a one-day virtual event organized by the Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries.
Defence Deconstructed is brought to you by Irving Shipbuilding. A strategic partner of the federal government’s National Shipbuilding Strategy, providing skilled, well-paying jobs that support Canada’s economic recovery.
Defence Deconstructed is also brought to you by Boeing.
- Lord Grimstone of Boscobel Kt was appointed unpaid Minister for Investment jointly at the Department for International Trade and the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy on 18 March 2020.
Before joining government, his career spanned the private and public sectors. His roles have included:
- Chairman of Barclays Bank plc and Standard Life Aberdeen
- Lead non-executive on the board of the Ministry of Defence
- Chairman of financial services body, TheCityUK, from 2012 to 2015
- Member of HM Treasury’s Financial Services Trade and Investment Board
- Lord Grimstone has held board appointments across many sectors and served as one of the UK’s Business Ambassadors.
- Dave Perry: Senior Analyst and Vice President with the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.