March 28, 2019
On today's Defence Deconstructed Podcast, we discuss coneption of, and the lessons learned from, the National Shipbuilding Procurement Strategy (NSPS) with CGAI Fellow Ian Mack.
Defence Deconstructed is part of the CGAI Podcast Network and today’s episode is brought to you by the Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries (CADSI).
- Dave Perry: Senior Analyst and Vice President with the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Ian Mack: director-general in the Department of National Defence responsible for almost a decade (2007-2017) for the conception, shaping and support to the launch and subsequent implementation of the National Shipbuilding Strategy. New a CGAI Fellow and Fellow of the International Centre for Complex Project Management.
- "Emerging Lessons from the National Shipbuilding Procurement Strategy" by Ian Mack (CGAI Policy Perspective)
- "A Basic Primer on Naval Shipbuilding" by Ian Mack (CGAI Primer)
- "Overcoming ‘Boom and Bust’? Analyzing National Shipbuilding Plans in Canada and Australia" by Jeffrey F. Collins (CGAI Policy Paper)
- Ian Mack: "The Admirals: Nimitz, Halsey, Leahy, and King--The Five-Star Admirals Who Won the War at Sea" by Walter R. Borneman