September 20, 2021
In this episode of The Global Exchange, Colin Robertson speaks to Dr. Meredith Lilly, Dr. Chris Waddell, Dr. Ian Brodie, and Peter Donolo about the Canadian elections.
- Meredith Lilly is an Associate Professor at Carleton University where she holds the Simon Reisman Chair in International Affairs focused on trade policy. Dr. Lilly is a national award-winning researcher with extensive experience in public policy development and executive branch decision making.
- Christopher Waddell is an associate professor and director of Carleton University’s School of Journalism and Communication in Ottawa. He also holds the school’s Carty Chair in Business and Financial Journalism. He joined Carleton in July 2001 after 10 years at CBC Television News. From 1993 to 2001, he was the network's Parliamentary Bureau Chief in Ottawa. From 1995 to 2001 he was also Executive Producer News Specials for CBC Television, responsible for all national news specials and federal and provincial election and election night coverage during those years.
- Peter Donolo is a senior adviser to H+K’s senior management and to its clients – focusing on strategic communications and public engagement. . Peter was most recently special adviser to the Ontario government on intergovernmental affairs and communications. He is the longest-serving prime ministerial director of communications in Canadian history (to Prime Minister Jean Chrétien), served as a senior executive in the private and public sectors, and also represented Canada abroad as a senior diplomat.
- Ian Brodie is an associate professor of political science at the University of Calgary. From 2006 to 2008, Brodie worked as the Chief of Staff for Canadian Prime Minister Stephen
- Colin Robertson is a former diplomat, and Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
Read and listen to CGAI’s 2021 Election Series.