April 26, 2021
In this episode of The Global Exchange, Colin Robertson looks at the 2021 Federal Budget and what it means for Canadian foreign and development policy, as well as on trade.
- Nic Moyer is President and CEO of Cooperation Canada.
- Robert Greenhill is Executive Chairman of the Global Canada Initiative.
- Julia Anderson is the Chief Executive Officer for the Canadian Partnership for Women and Children’s Health (CanWaCH).
- Trevor Kennedy is the Director, Trade and International Policy for the Business Council of Canada.
- Mark Agnew is the Vice President, Policy and International at the Canadian Chamber of Commerce.
- Colin Robertson is a former diplomat, and Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
Read more about the Budget:
- “Cooperation Canada reacts to Budget 2021: A missed opportunity for Canada’s global engagement”
- Business Council of Canada, “Budget 2021 is well-intentioned but government’s spending plans underscore need for strong economic growth”
- “Canadian Chamber Budget 2021 analysis: many positives for business resilience and recovery, but managing fiscal uncertainty will be critical”
- “Budget 2021: Key Highlights for CanWaCH Members and the International Development Sector”
What the guests are reading:
- "Memoirs" by Brian Mulroney
- "Imperial Twilight: The Opium War and the End of China’s Last Golden Age" by Stephen Platt
- PG Wodehouse
- "Value(s): Building a Better World for All" by Mark Carney
- "The Education of an Idealist: A Memoir" by Samantha Power