The Canadian Global Affairs Institute (www.cgai.ca) is an independent Canadian international policy think tank based in Calgary and Ottawa. Our mission is to identify Canadian global interests and promote more active and effective international involvement through rigorous strategic and policy analysis and to help inform Canadians on the connection between international affairs and a secure and prosperous Canada. The Canadian Global Affairs Institute Ottawa office is focused on stakeholder outreach and knowledge mobilization.
The Events and Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for organizing, managing and implementing all events and outreach activities at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute in Ottawa. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: event planning and coordination, media outreach and relations, media monitoring, email marketing/outreach, business development, fellow and stakeholder outreach and relations. In addition, the Events and Outreach Coordinator is responsible for all office administration management.
Office location: Byward Market, Ottawa
Start Date: August 1, 2019
Salary Range: $40,000 - $50,000 depending upon experience and qualifications.
Send Resume To: [email protected] (Application Period Ends on July 2, 2019)
- Event planning, coordination and implementation
- Stakeholder outreach and coordination – coordinating and scheduling meetings with Parliamentarians and government officials
- Media outreach and relations – responsive media outreach as all well proactive and reactive media engagement
- Media monitoring
- Email marketing/outreach
- Office administrative management
- Other duties as assigned
- Good initiative and judgement
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 1-2 years experience in an administrative or related role
- Some experience in event planning is an asset
- Research experience is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge and interest in Canadian foreign affairs, security, defence, development, trade, energy or natural resources policy