August 27, 2018
On today's Global Exchange Podcast, we begin a new series on international trade diversification. Join host Colin Robertson in conversation with CGAI Fellow, and Vice-President of Policy, International and Fiscal Issues at the Business Council of Canada, Brian Kingston for a wide-ranging discussion on how Canada can diversify its trade regime, and how it can prioritize that process.
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat, Colin Robertson is Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Brian Kingston: Vice-President of Policy, International and Fiscal Issues at the Business Council of Canada. Prior to joining the Council, Brian gained comprehensive experience across the federal government through various positions at the Department of Finance, Global Affairs Canada, the Treasury Board Secretariat and the Privy Council Office. Brian is an Action Canada Fellow, World Economic Forum Global Shaper and alumnus of the 2015 Governor General’s Canadian Leadership Conference.
- "Hedging Our Bet: A Diversification Strategy for Canadian Trade" by Brian Kingston [CGAI Policy Update]
- "The Security Dimension of a China Free Trade Agreement: Balancing Benefits and Risk" by Gordon Houlden [CGAI Joint Policy Paper]
- "A Look at Canadian Trade: What Legislators Need to Do" by Colin Robertson [CGAI Commentary]
- "Beware of the Dragon: The Challenges of China’s Assertive Posture" by Mathew Fisher [CGAI Policy Update]
- Brian Kingston: "Factfulness: Ten Reasons We're Wrong About the World--and Why Things Are Better Than You Think" by Hans Rosling | "Draft Animals: Living the Pro Cycling Dream (Once in a While)" by Phil Gaimon
- Colin Robertson: "The Marshall Plan: Dawn of the Cold War" by Benn Steil | "The Year of the Snake: Murder in the Senate" by M.J. Trow & Maryanne Coleman