July 19, 2019
On today's Defence Deconstructed Podcast, we discuss the Royal Canadian Navy's presence throughout the South and East China Seas with CGAI Fellow Matthew Fisher.
Defence Deconstructed is part of the CGAI Podcast Network and today’s episode is brought to you by the Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries (CADSI).
- Dave Perry: David Perry is the Senior Analyst and Vice President with the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Matthew Fisher: Matthew Fisher was born in northwestern Ontario and raised there and in the Ottawa Valley. He has lived and worked abroad for 34 years as a foreign correspondent for the Globe and Mail, Sun Media and Postmedia, and is a Fellow with the Canadian Global Affairs Institute. His assignments have taken him to 162 countries. He has been an eyewitness to 19 conflicts including Somalia, the Rwandan genocide, Chechnya, the Balkan Wars, Israel in Gaza and Lebanon, the two Gulf Wars and Afghanistan.
- "Close Encounters During Operation NEON" by Matthew Fisher (CGAI Commentary)
- "Canada’s Transit of the Taiwan Strait" by Matthew Fisher (CGAI Commentary)
- Matthew Fisher: Novels by Ken Follett