January 17, 2019
On today's Defence Deconstructed Podcast, we are rebroadcasting a conversation from our October 2018 defence procurement conference in Ottawa. Join moderator Ian Brodie in discussion with Murray Brewster, Michael Vandergrift, Bill Matthews, and Nicolas Todd as they discuss how we define defence procurement success.
Defence Deconstructed is part of the CGAI Podcast Network and today’s episode is brought to you by the Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries (CADSI).
- Dave Perry (host): Senior Analyst and Vice President with the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Ian Brodie (moderator): Associate Professor at the University of Calgary and Program Director at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Michael Vandergrift: Associate Deputy Minister at Public Services & Procurement Canada.
- Murray Brewster: Senior defence reporter at CBC News.
- Bill Matthews: Senior Associate Deputy Minister at the Department of National Defence.
- Nicolas Todd: Vice President, Policy, Communications & Government Relations at the Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries (CADSI).
- "Measuring the Big Bang: Evaluating the Implementation of Strong, Secure, Engaged" (CGAI Event)
- "Strong, Secure, Engaged So Far" by Dave Perry (CGAI Policy Update)
- "Overcoming ‘Boom and Bust’? Analyzing National Shipbuilding Plans in Canada and Australia" by Jeffrey F. Collins
- "People, Partisanship and Political Games: The Defence File" by Alan Stephenson