February 21, 2020
On today's Defence Deconstructed Podcast, we are rebroadcasting a recording of the “Defending North America Against Missiles” panel with moderator Sarah Goldfeder and featuring Ian Williams, Dr. James Fergusson, David Crist, and Brant Dayley from our 29 Jan. 2019 Modernizing North American Defence conference.
Defence Deconstructed is part of the CGAI Podcast Network and today’s episode is brought to you by the Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries (CADSI). This conference was made possible by the MINDS program from the Department of National Defence.
- Dave Perry (host): Senior Analyst and Vice President with the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Sarah Goldfeder: CGAI fellow, and Principal at the Earnscliffe Strategy Group in Ottawa.
- Ian Williams: Fellow in CSIS’s International Security Program and Deputy Director of the Missle Defence Project for CSIS.
- Dr. James Fergusson: CGAI fellow, Professor in the Department of Political Studies, and Deputy Director of the Centre for Defence and Security Studies.
- David Crist: Ballistic Missile Defence Systems Architect for Lockheed Martin.
- Brant Dayley: Director for Customer Capability Assessments & Analysis for Raytheon.
- “Modernizing North American Defence” (Conference Program)
- “Aging Norad warning system can’t detect Russian bombers in time, Canadian officer warns” (Canadian Press article)
- “Rediscovering the Cost of Deterrence” by Andrea Charron and James Fergusson (CGAI Policy Perspective)