August 23, 2019
On today's Defence Deconstructed Podcast, we are rebroadcasting a discussion from our May 2019 foreign policy conference in Ottawa. This episode features a discussion between Bruce Donaldson, Dick Fadden, Elinor Sloan, and Jānis Sārts during the Defending the Dominion Against Bots, Trolls, Terrorists and Other Threats panel in the conference. The panel is moderated by Dave Perry.
Defence Deconstructed is part of the CGAI Podcast Network and today’s episode is brought to you by the Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries (CADSI).
- Dave Perry (host): Senior Analyst and Vice President with the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Elinor Sloan: A Fellow of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute, Professor of International Relations in the Department of Political Science at Carleton University, Ottawa, and a former defence analyst with Canada’s Department of National Defence.
- Bruce Donaldson: Advisory Council Member of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute, an associate consultant with CFN Consultants, Vice Admiral (retired) from the Royal Canadian Navy with 36 years of service.
- Dick Fadden: Advisory Council Member of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute, previously National Security Advisor to the Prime Minister and Deputy Minister of National Defence.
- Jānis Sārts: Director at the NATO Strategic Communications Centre of Excellence, previously State Secretary of the Ministry of Defence, Latvia.
- "Positioning Canada in a Messy World" (CGAI Policy Perspective)
- "Offensive Shifts, Offensive Policies: Cybersecurity Trends in the Government-Private Sector Relationship" (CGAI Policy Perspective)
- "A New Era of Deterrence" (CGAI Podcast)