January 24, 2019
On today's Defence Deconstructed Podcast, we are rebroadcasting a discussion from our October 2018 defence procurement conference in Ottawa. Join moderator Philippe Lagassé in conversation with André Fillion, Gavin Liddy, Pat Finn, Iain Christie, and Larry Murray as they discuss the balance between too much, and not enough, governance in Canadian defence procurement.
Defence Deconstructed is part of the CGAI Podcast Network and today’s episode is brought to you by the Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries (CADSI).
- Dave Perry (host): Senior Analyst and Vice President with the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Philippe Lagassé (moderator): William and Jeanie Barton Chair in International Affairs, and Associate Professor of International Affairs, at NPSIA.
- André Fillion: Assistant Deputy Minister, Defence and Marine Procurement Branch, at Public Services and Procurement Canada.
- Gavin Liddy: Fellow at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Pat Finn: Assistant Deputy Minister (Materiel) at the Department of National Defence.
- Iain Christie: Executive Vice President at the Aerospace Industries Association of Canada.
- Larry Murray: Chair of the Independent Review Panel for Defence Acquisitions.
- "Measuring the Big Bang: Evaluating the Implementation of Strong, Secure, Engaged" (CGAI Event)
- "Strong, Secure, Engaged So Far" by Dave Perry (CGAI Policy Update)
- "Defence Business Planning in Canada" by Ross Fetterly (CGAI Policy Perspective)