June 19, 2023
On this episode of The Global Exchange, Colin Robertson speaks to Andrés Rozental, Jeffrey Simpson, and Solange Márquez about a recent joint report from COMEXI and the CGAI on the Canada-Mexico relationship, and what can be done to improve trade and diplomatic ties. You can find the report on CGAI's website here: "Mexico & Canada: Two Nations in a North American Partnership"
- Andrés Rozental Gutman is a former Mexican ambassador to the United States and the founding President of the Mexican Council on Foreign Relations
- Jeffrey Simpson is Senior fellow at the University of Ottawa's Graduate School of Public and International Affairs and a member of the CGAI Advisory Council
- Solange Márquez is a CGAI Fellow and a professor at the Law School of the National Autonomous University of Mexico
- Colin Robertson is a former diplomat and Senior Advisor to the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
Read and Watch:
- "How to Lose a Country: The 7 Steps from Democracy to Dictatorship" by Ece Temelkuran
- "Astrophysics for Young People in a Hurry" by Neil deGrasse Tyson and Gregory Mone
- "Chip War: The Fight for the World's Most Critical Technology" by Chris Miller
- "Making History: The Storytellers Who Shaped the Past" by Richard Cohen
- "The Dope: The Real History of the Mexican Drug Trade" by Benjamin T Smith
- "Leadership: Six Studies in World Strategy" by Henry Kissinger