December 9, 2019
On today's Global Exchange Podcast, we are joined by Gordon Houlden, Ted Menzies, and Philip Calvert to discuss Canada-China relations.
- Colin Robertson (host): a former Canadian diplomat, Colin Robertson is Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Gordon Houlden: director of the China Institute, Professor of Political Science and Adjunct Professor of the Alberta School of Business at the University of Alberta, as well as Adjunct Professor at the National Institute for South China Sea Studies.
- Ted Menzies: Former Minister of State for Finance.
- Philip Calvert: is a Fellow at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute and a senior fellow with the China Institute of the University of Alberta.
- "Canada’s passive playbook on China takes too many pages from Beijing" by Colin Robertson (CGAI Commentary)
- Ted Menzies: “Darkest Hour: How Churchill Brought England Back from the Brink” by Anthony McCarten
- Gordon Houlden: “Imperial Twilight: The Opium War and the End of China's Last Golden Age” by Stephen R. Platt
- Philip Calvert: “China's New Red Guards: The Return of Radicalism and the Rebirth of Mao Zedong” by Jude Blanchette