July 27, 2020
On today's Global Exchange Podcast, we are rebroadcasting the "Can Canada Compete" panel from our March 10, 3rd Annual, Canada’s State of Trade Conference. This panel is moderated by Colin Robertson and features a discussion with Goldy Hyder, Dennis Darby, Corinne Pohlmann.
- Goldy Hyder: the President and CEO of the Business Council of Canada. Previously, Goldy was President and CEO of Hill+Knowlton Strategies (Canada) and had been Joe Clark’s Director of Policy and Chief of Staff. Goldy is involved with the Ottawa Senators Foundation, the Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada’s Asia Business Leaders Advisory Council, the Century Initiative, Catalyst Canada, and the 30% Club (Canada). Golder regularly comments in the Canadian media and hosts the “Speaking of Business” podcast. He is recipient of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medal and holds a MA in Public Policy (University of Calgary).
- Dennis Darby: Dennis joined CME in 2017 after nine years as CEO of the Ontario Pharmacists’ Association and a 24 year-long career in senior management at Procter & Gamble, including leadership roles in the US and Europe. Dennis graduated from McMaster University in 1984 with a degree in Chemical Engineering and Management, and he is a registered Professional Engineers in Ontario. He is an accredited corporate director, having received his ICD.D designation in 2011. He has served on a number of industry and charity boards as both director and Chair.
- Corinne Pohlmann: Corinne Pohlmann is Senior Vice President, National Affairs and Partnerships for the Canadian Federation of Independent Business. Corinne is responsible for CFIB’s strategy on federal legislative issues, as well as overseeing CFIB’s Economics, Partnerships, and Atlantic Canada legislative teams. Corinne has participated in numerous consultations and committees on a wide variety of small business issues, including the Ministerial Advisory Committee on the Underground Economy, the Advisory Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship, and the Deputy Minister Advisory Committee on Citizenship and Immigration. Corinne is a graduate of McGill University – and holds both a Bachelor and a master’s degree in Geography.
- Colin Robertson (host): Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- "Planet Canada: How Our Expats Are Shaping the Future" by John Stackhouse
- "Energy: A Beginner's Guide" by Vaclav Smil
- "Takes One to Know One" by Susan Isaacs