November 29, 2021
In this episode of The Global Exchange, Colin Robertson speaks with Michael Welsh, Patricia Fortier, and Dan Livermore about Canadian consular services.
- Patricia A Fortier is a retired Canadian diplomat. She is currently on the board of a public Canadian mining company, a Fellow of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute, Senior Fellow of the Graduate School of International Affairs at the University of Ottawa and on the board of the Canadian Retired Heads of Mission Association.
- Daniel Livermore served with distinction for more than three decades in Canada's Public Service as a diplomat and specialist in international affairs.
- Michael Welsh is a former Canadian Ambassador and a fellow at the University of Ottawa’s Centre of International Policy Studies.
- Colin Robertson is a former diplomat, and Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- "Strengthening the Canadian Consular Service Today and For the Future by the Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs and International Development"
- "Bring Me Back to Canada" by Human Rights Watch
- "An Audacious Suggestion for the new Minister of Foreign Affairs: Help Canadians" by Dan Livermore, Gar Pardy, Michael Welsh
- "The Thursday Murder Club" by Richard Osman
- "State of Terror" by Louise Penny and Hillary Rodham Clinton
- "Detained: Islamic Fundamentalist Extremism and the War on Terror in Canada" by Daniel Livermore
- "Natalie Haynes Stands Up for the Classics"
- "Season in Hell: My 130 Days in the Sahara with Al Qaeda" by Robert Fowler