September 17, 2018
On today's Global Exchange Podcast, we continue our discussion on the future of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). Join host Colin Robertson in conversation with CGAI Fellows Sarah Goldfeder and Eric Miller as they recap the past few weeks of NAFTA negotiations, outline the enduring hot-button issues, and provide some predictions on whether the three NAFTA parties can get to a deal before the end of September.
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat, Colin Robertson is Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Eric Miller: a Fellow at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute and the President of Rideau Potomac Strategy Group, a cross-border consultancy that advises clients on government affairs, economics, cybersecurity and geopolitical developments.
Sarah Goldfeder: a Principal at the Earnscliffe Strategy Group and a Fellow at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- "Three unresolved NAFTA issues Canada can’t afford to ignore" by Colin Robertson [The Globe and Mail]
- "A Look at Canadian Trade: What Legislators Need to Do" by Colin Robertson [CGAI Commentary]
- "The Great Divergence: North America’s Trade Policies" by Sarah Goldfeder [part of CGAI's 2018 International Trade Series]
- "Remaking NAFTA: Its Origin, Impact and Future" by Eric Miller [CGAI Policy Paper]
- "2018 International Trade Series" [CGAI Paper Series]