January 25, 2021
On this episode of The Global Exchange, Colin Robertson speaks to Andrea Van Vugt, Brian Kingston, and Flavio Volpe about the Canadian automotive industry and trade post-CUSMA and during COVID-19, and what the Biden presidency means for the future of the industry.
- Andrea Van Vugt is a former foreign affairs and trade advisor to Prime Minister Stephen Harper and the chief of staff to the Minister of International Trade. She is now Global Director at Harper and Associates.
- Brian Kingston is President and Chief Executive Officer of the Canadian Vehicle Manufacturers’ Association (CVMA). Prior to joining the CVMA, Brian was Vice President of Policy, Fiscal and International, at the Business Council of Canada where he led the Council’s economic policy priorities and global engagement.
- Flavio Volpe is the President the Automotive Parts Manufacturers’ Association (APMA) - Canada's national association representing OEM producers of parts, equipment, tools, supplies and services for the worldwide automotive industry. (apma.ca/leadership/)
What Ms. Van Vugt, Mr. Kingston, and Mr. Volpe are reading:
- "Greenlights" by Matthew McConaughey
- "The People’s Tycoon: Henry Ford and the American Century" by Steven Watts
- "The Chronicles of Astara" Avrahm Reindorf
- "Piedmont Lithium demonstrates economic lithium hydroxide supply chain with PFS and scoping study"