Program Coordinator – Canadian Global Affairs Institute
Canadian Global Affairs Institute:
The Canadian Global Affairs Institute is Canada’s most credible source of expertise on global affairs. The work of our researchers, fellows and advisors sparks impassioned nation-wide discussions and debate that are designed to help Canadians better understand their role on the world stage. Established in 2001 and based in Calgary and Ottawa, the Canadian Global Affairs Institute is a registered charity, which comments repeatedly in the media and publishes extensively on defence and security, diplomacy, trade and development.
The Program Coordinator position:
Located in Ottawa, the Program Coordinator is responsible for the execution of all Institute programs. This includes overseeing the production of Institute publications, planning and execution of signature events, coordination of stakeholder meetings and general management of the Institute’s Ottawa office. The Program Coordinator reports directly to the Institute President and works closely with the Director of Programs, Vice President, Senior Analyst and Administrative Coordinator.
- Facilitate the production and distribution of Institute publications, including liaising with authors, copy-editing, formatting, media outreach, promotion and academic distribution (social media, traditional media, website)
- Track Institute staff and Fellow media activity
- Prepare and distribute weekly e-newsletter highlighting Institute activities and output
- Maintain up-to-date database of Institute contacts
- Perform outreach to MPs, Senators, and other government officials
- Prepare quarterly reports for Institute Board and Advisory Council
- Manage website content
- Plan and execute signature public events hosted by the Institute (annual symposium, etc)
- Manage Ottawa office functions, including scheduling and other administrative tasks
- Strong writing skills, including ability to copy edit and write for various audiences (press releases, social media, web, newsletters)
- Familiarity with large contact databases, ‘NationBuilder’ experience an asset.
- Knowledge of global affairs (defence and security, diplomacy, development and trade) in the Canadian context
- Strong organizational skills with a proven ability to prioritize
- Event management skills
- Experience in media outreach
- Ability to work in small teams, as well as independently with minimal supervision
- Master’s degree + 1-2 years’ experience or equivalent experience
- French is an asset
Conditions of Employment & Compensation
- 40 hours per week (8 hours a day) at $24/hr plus an additional $2/hr per hour worked in lieu of benefits, which is designed for the individual to purchase his/her own benefits
- Each pay this position is also paid 4% vacation pay in lieu of paid days off.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD REPLY IN WRITING BEFORE
December 15, 2015 TO: email@example.com