4th Annual Defence Procurement Conference
Thursday, October 26th, 2017
Additional details to follow.
May 2nd 2017
Chateau Laurier, Ottawa
On May 2, 2017, the Canadian Global Affairs Institute held its annual conference at the Château Laurier in Ottawa. The crowd was a mix of people from business, academia and the defence industry, as well as diplomatic guests. The panels discussed a broad range of topics, from energy to defence procurement.
CGAI president Kelly Ogle opened the program by welcoming attendees. Senior analyst David Perry then announced a new initiative by CGAI and Women in Defence & Security (WiDS), focused on publishing, networking and mentoring opportunities for WiDS scholarship applicants within the defence and international security world.
Conference discussions turned upon a relatively small number of topics: defence, Canada-U.S. relations (in both trade and defence), and a changing, more unpredictable world.
CGAI Vice President Colin Robertson moderates the second panel on NAFTA featuring CGAI Fellow
Sarah Goldfeder, and CGAI Advisory Council members Laura Dawson, and Ian Brodie.
The Canadian Global Affairs Institute hosts 1-2 annual conferences in Ottawa around critical issues in Canadian defence and foreign policy. These conferences consistently attract high-calibre speakers, key policy makers, prominent academics, and a large number of the interested public.
Listed below are links to the various conferences presented by the Canadian Global Affairs Institute and its partners. If you are interested in creating a conference event with the Canadian Global Affairs Institute, please contact us at email@example.com.
- A World in Disarray: What Role for Canada [invitation only] (May, 2017)
- Deliverology for Defence Procurement (October, 2016)
- The Canadian Defence Review Symposium [invitation only] (May, 2016)
- What Role for Canada in Ukraine and Asia-Pacific Symposium (2015)
- Canada's Changing Role: The New Cold War and Canada's Place In The World (2014)
- Trilateral Border Issues Symposium (2013)
- SSWG e-Conference: Drone Week (2012)
- Canada's National Strategic Relations: NATO & NORAD (2009)
- Canada & The United States: What Does It Mean To Be Good Neighbours? (2008)
- Canada as the “Emerging Energy Superpower”: Testing the Case (2007)
- Foreign Policy Under a Conservative Government: An Interim Report Card (2006)
- The World in Canada: Demographics, Diversity & Domestic Politics in Canadian Foreign Policy (2005)
- Defining the National Interest (2004)
- Changing Canadian Foreign Policy (2003)
- Canada-US Strategic Partnership (2002)
Other Conferences in which the Canadian Global Affairs Institute has participated:
- Halifax International Security Forum (November)
- Seminar on Canadian – Norwegian Cooperation (November)
- U.S. - Canada Sage Summit (October)
- WCDIA Defence Review (July)
- Defence Policy Review Roundtables (May, June)
- The EU and Canada as Strategic Partners (May)
- NATO Warsaw Summit and the Alliance’s Eastern Flank (April)
- The Mackenzie Institute: Canada’s Defence Perspectives 2020-2050 (March)
- AFCEA Monthly Luncheon (March)
- Ottawa Conference on Security and Defence (February)
- SPP/CGAI: Military Procurement for a Purpose: Creating a New Defence Strategy for Canada (December )
- NAFTA at 20 Years: Toward Greater Trilateralism? (Mar)
- Canada First: Leveraging Defence Procurement Through Key Industrial Capabilities (Feb)
- Drone Week: Watch, Kill Aid (Dec 10-14th)
- The Future of Fighting: How the Canadian Military Must Adapt (May -June )
- Media and the Military Symposium – Operations Security and the Public’s Right to Know (Mar)
- G8 Conference of Senior Officials on Capacity Building (May)
- The Strategic Studies and Security Consortium’s 12th Annual Student Conference – Strategy, Security & Defence (Feb)
- Blueprint for Canada-US Engagement under a New Administration
- Centre for International Policy Studies, University of Ottawa – Peacebuilding in Afghanistan: Taking Stock and Looking Ahead
- Prague Security Studies Institute – Democracy and Security
- Understanding the International Implications of Geopolitics and Economics in Iran
- Continental Defence Conference – Continental Defence: Policies, Threats and Architecture
- Montreal Conference – Finding Common Ground: The Challenge of Freedom in the West and in the Muslim World
- International Reserves Conference – 10 Years Later: The Special Commission on the Restructuring of the Reserves
- Prague Securities Studies Institute Conference – Business & Security
- International Reserves Conference – Homeland Defence and Land Force Reserves
- Security and Defence Forum (SDF) Conference- Defence and Security Studies in Canada Today
- International Reserves Conference – Bridging the Gap: Reserve Forces and their Role in Civil Society