The Canadian Global Affairs Institute (CGAI), a non-partisan think tank, is looking for a recent graduate with an interest in global affairs to help manage their Ottawa office (8 York Street in the Market), focusing on outreach and event coordination. This position works closely with the Ottawa-based Social Media Coordinator and Outreach Coordinator, as well as the head office in Calgary responsible for business development and program content, and overall administration.
CGAI wants a recent graduate with some office and personnel management skills, and preferably demonstrated experience in event planning and outreach. Candidates should have knowledge of Canada’s global relations and the confidence and ability to connect and coordinate with parliamentarians and their staff, senior civil servants, military personnel, and academics.
Roles and Tasks
- Coordinate and plan events
- Organize and administer CGAI events (with assistance from Social Media Coordinator and Outreach Coordinator)
- Be proactive in planning/pitching smaller-scale events (in coordination with Outreach Coordinator and Senior Analysts)
- Be proactive in developing agendas, and managing speakers and guests
- Day-to-day office administration
- Respond to inquiries received via phone and firstname.lastname@example.org email
- Other office administrative duties as required
- Meeting Scheduling
- Schedule Vice Presidents, Senior Analyst’s, and Fellows’ media and other outreach meetings on Parliament Hill, Government, Media, Diplomatic Missions, Business
- Be proactive with Hill and Ottawa-area meetings (i.e. get Senior Analysts and Vice President and potentially other fellows face time with Parliament, embassies, Ottawa stakeholders, etc.)
- In coordination with the Outreach Coordinator, identify events of interest to CGAI fellows and staff and assist in organizing their attendance (including committee hearings)
- Taking Media Requests through the Ottawa Office
- Responding to media requests in coordination with Outreach Coordinator
- Responding to any requests that come directly to the Ottawa office (phone or email@example.com email)
- Placing Op-Eds in Media
- Corresponding with news outlets to place CGAI-affiliated/related op-eds in Canadian/international newspapers
- Be proactive in coordination with Senior Analysts and Outreach Coordinator in soliciting new op-eds from CGAI Fellows on a timely basis
- Public Relations
- Perform basic public relations tasks as needed, liaising with Parliament, the civil service, industry, and other stakeholders
- Assisting the Senior Analyst and other CGAI Fellows/Staff in Research projects
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 25th, 2017.